Most Android users either leave their wifi on all day, no matter what they do or where they go, wasting their battery life (since their device is constantly scanning for wifi hotspots), or they turn off their wifi when they leave home and have to remember to turn it on whenever they're in a hotspot area, which is a pain.
Instead of all that mess, use this app to set up your typical hotspots so that your device will automatically turn on wifi when you enter the area and turn it off when you leave. Who wouldn't want the convenience and battery-savings of an app like that, I ask you.
Developer Quote: "Smart WiFi Toggler is an application designed to control your phone's WiFi using location based rules. Its aim is to conserve battery and minimize data charges by turning WiFi off when not connected to a network, and turning it on when a known hotspot is present. It constantly learns where your hotspots are located to make its decisions."
- Automatically learns your WiFi hotspot locations.
- Turns WiFi off when disconnected from WiFi network.
- Automatically turns WiFi on when near a known hotspot.
- Uses your network location. No GPS battery drain.
- Provides the ability to control "auto-connect" behavior for each hotspot.
- Ability to lock WiFi to a disabled state.
- Warning notification and auto-locking WiFi when a hotspot is down.
- History, logging, and a troubleshooting screen in case you face any problems.
Follow me on Twitter. Please subscribe to our news feed. Or get regular updates by Email. Contact us for advertising inquiries.