Developer Quote: "Google Currents delivers beautiful magazine-like editions to your tablet and smartphone for high speed and offline reading."
You'll never be bored or without some interesting reading again! Sitting in the doctor's office? Waiting in a long checkout line? Having trouble sleeping? Need something to distract you from whatever mind numbing situation you happen to be in? Or do you just like keeping up with what's going on in the world? Whatever the case may be, this is a sweet app to make life better.
Check out these screenshots:
* Publisher editions - Publishers such as Forbes, The Guardian, TechCrunch, PBS, Saveur, and more have produced hundreds of editions including full length, in-depth articles, videos, fine photography, and slideshows. Editions are free, - covering news, business, lifestyle, fashion, sports, science, technology, design, food, entertainment and more.
* Fast scan - A new navigation mode lets you quickly swipe vertically to discover unread stories within an edition, swipe horizontally to move to the next edition within a category. Or, use the “sidebar” to jump ahead to a specific edition.
* Breaking stories - Google Currents uses Google search technology to deliver the hottest breaking stories in categories such as world, entertainment, sports, science, and more. As you travel to different countries, additional breaking stories are added to match your location.
* Saved stories - Run across an in-depth article that you want to read later, or a special recipe you want to keep? Star any story to be saved for later, in your personal Saved stories edition.
* Your favorite blogs and feeds - Instantly, turn your Google Reader subscriptions, or any of your favorite blogs/feeds into a beautiful edition with a magazine feel.
* Translate - Currents uses Google translate technology to translate editions into a preferred language of your choice. 44 languages are supported.
* Widget - Immediately see fresh news on your android home screen with the Google Currents widget.
Follow me on Twitter. Please subscribe to our news feed. Or get regular updates by Email. Contact us for advertising inquiries.