What the heck is a Jarte?
Jarte \jär · 'tay\ noun (est. 2001) 1. A free word processor based on the Microsoft WordPad word processing engine built into Windows. 2. A fast starting, easy to use word processor that expands well beyond the WordPad feature set. 3. A small, portable word processor whose documents are fully compatible with Word and WordPad.I've been into portable apps lately, simply because I can use them on my office computer, which otherwise would not allow me to install the apps I like. Jarte is small enough to use as a protable app that runs from your flash drive. It has some cool features that make it a great application in its own right, too.
- Fully compatible with Windows Vista
- Tabbed interface to provide easy access to open documents
- Opens files with file extension RTF, file extension DOC, and file extension DOCX (new default format in Word 2007)
- Fast start up
- Compact screen size
- Optional "Clickless Operation" feature greatly reduces clicking
- Can be run directly from a pluggable USB flash drive
- High quality spell checker with custom user dictionary
- Included spelling dictionaries: English (American, British, & Canadian), Spanish, French, German, and Dutch
- Link to, or import, your existing custom Word spelling dictionaries
- Support for templates
- Export to HTML or PDF
- Single click bookmarking and bookmark navigation
- Send documents via e-mail
- Full drag and drop file support
- Instant access to recently opened documents and folders
- Instant access to documents and folders designated as favorites
- Adjustable document zoom
- Detailed Help documentation
Barry's Best Computer Tips is updated often; the easiest way to get your regular dose is by subscribing to our news feed. Stay on top of all our updates by subscribing now via RSS or Email.