I've become a frequent user of video chat applications lately, and so have had occasion to try several of the available versions. There are the ones everyone knows about (Windows Live Messenger; AIM; Skype); there are web-based versions like MeBeam; and then there's ooVoo.
Some of the features of ooVoo highlighted on their web site:
ooVoo has many great features — from video calls with up to six people at once to video messaging to chat and file transfer capabilities. See below for some of our highlighted features and be sure to check back on this page often to see what's new.
- FREE calls from ooVoo to a landline or mobile phone in the USA or Canada.
- Start a face-to-face conversation and include up to six people.
- Tired of typing emails? Give your fingers a break and send a video message to one friend or a group.
- Import contacts from the most popular email programs: Office Outlook, Gmail, MSN Hotmail, Yahoo mail, AOLmail and more.
- Create instant memories by recording your ooVoo video calls.
- Do you want to grow a virtual mustache or become a Superman – all while on a video call? Now you can.
- Text chat with up to six friends at a time!
- With ooVoo it’s easy to share files with your friends!
- Enable sidebar view to clearly view documents or other tasks on your screen.
- Build your blog or MySpace page to life with an ooVoo link.
- ooVoo is an exciting and fun new way to communicate and we want every one of your ooVoo experiences to be safe and secure.
Check out ooVoo here.
Barry's Best Computer Tips is updated often; the easiest way to get your regular dose is by subscribing to our news feed. Stay on top of all our updates by subscribing now via RSS or Email.